Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Why just "Settle" when the sky's the limit?

"Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the man who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”
         
Why is it that more and more men and women settle in a relationship when we know for a fact that that person isn't the one we really want? Why are so many of us so unfair to ourselves? Why do we lie to ourselves? I personally think it's out of fear of being alone. You don’t feel as if he or she values you or your opinions, but you deal with it. He or she has habits that make your skin crawl at the mere thought of them. You love him or her but you know that you’re no longer in love with him or her. The connection is gone but you’re still holding on. Why?
        
 Although I never claim to be a relationships guru, I have been in a few relationships. Some have been better than others, and quite frankly some lasted much longer than they probably should have simply because I wasn’t ready to let go. Not only had I grown apart from my significant other, I had almost grown to even detest hearing her voice; still I stayed, at least until I absolutely couldn’t take it anymore. I was being selfish and untrue to myself. Never Again.
         
 At some point in life we all have "Just Settled"  but the problem is not whether you settled for less, but more importantly the problem is when you realized your settling for less, do you continue to settle for less??? Eventually, you should get tired and muster up the courage, strength, and self-esteem to leave. There are a million fish in the sea...Don't we owe it to ourselves to be 100% heart and mind happy? I think so. Like it or not this is YOUR life, make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment